2.18.2011

Current Obsession: Seared Tuna

This is one of the easiest, if not the easiest recipe that I have ever made. I love fast easy recipes that pay off big in the flavour (yes I spelled it the Canadian way) department. I don't bake and hate to be precious when cooking so I like recipes that are forgiving, and this one is very forgiving. I regularly go on Epicurious and my "recipe box" is overflowing with recipes that I hope to make one day.

But this one spoke to me. It was quick, easy, healthy, got 4 forks (which is the highest rating) and 100% of people would make it again, which basically means it didn't get one bad review and a lot of people did review it. I'm not a big tuna person, I'm much more of a salmon lover, however my husband loves it so I decided that if I'm gonna go tuna, I might as well go on my own terms. I highly recommend this recipe and so does Marcus Samuelsson, so it's good. After all that build up here's the recipe. And it made me a lover of Tuna, and I guess a better Canadian since I heavy-handed the maple syrup.

Ingredients:
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 2 tablespoons maple syrup (see Tip)
* Juice of 1 lime
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* Four 6-ounce tuna fillets
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 4 cilantro sprigs

Prep:
1. Whisk together the mustard, maple syrup, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Set aside.

2. Season the tuna on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the tuna and cook for 30 seconds on each side.

3. Remove from the pan and brush both sides of the tuna with the maple-mustard glaze. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with the cilantro. Serve with the pear-potato salad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really yummy and tasty recipe. I try this at my home. And all the family members like it very much and they best reviews. Making this recipe was very easy to make this dish. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us.
Debt

 
hits counter